Fw: OT Wanamaker pianos

Mike Kurta mkurta@adelphia.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:37:24 -0400

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Paul Kupelian=20
To: Caut@ptg.org=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 7:58 AM
Subject: OT Wanamaker pianos

Hi all,

I know this has nothing to do with CAUT, but I wish to make an inquiry =
about a piano I just worked on.  It is a grand about 5=92 4=94 and on =
the fallboard it has the name John Wanamaker.  On the plate it says =
=93Made expressly for John Wanamaker=94.  The serial number is 23565.  =
In the atlas, it says to look under Schoenmaker, but that serial number =
puts it at 1895-1900.  I don=92t think it is that old.

Anyway, John Wanamaker as I recall, was an entrepreneur and retailer in =
the Philadelphia area and I am wondering if this piano has any =
historical value as the customer wants to sell it.

Any help would be appreciated.  Also, if someone who is a member of the =
Pianotech list could post this on that list, I would appreciate it.

Paul

Paul Kupelian

SUNY Oswego (ret.)

ryv@twcny.rr.com