Voicing Down a Yamaha U1

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:41:50 -0700

"I did sugar-coat the strike point of my U1 and it did help but after a few
months of playing, the strike points seemed to harden up again.  I suppose
I could just sugar-coat every few months but I was looking for a more
permanent solution."

Corte,
If you want a permanent solution, put some different hammers on the thing!
Otherwise, live with the fact that "Voicing" in/of itself is NEVER
PERMANENT! Like the piano, itself, it changes all the time. As a piano needs
tuning on a regular basis, so does it need voicing, ON A REGULAR BASIS!<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)