Voicing Down a Yamaha U1

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:40:48 -0700

You can sugar coat a little deeper and be sure to set the felt before you
leave it.  To set the felt on an upright, put your finger on the strings to
mute them and pound on the key a few times (you can do this on a grand too
when doing through the string voicing).  I've found that Yamaha voicing can
be made quite stable.  Of course, it depends on the kind of playing it
gets.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net