The Right Tool for the Right Job Revisited

Sun, 27 Jul 2003 10:11:10 -0700

I use a pair of swan bill pliers (flat needle nose pliers) with the tip
ground to a flat point to be able to insert more easily between the wire
and the pin.  This will work not only to pry it out, but you can grab the
wire and uncoil it off the pin in the same motion.  It is also useful to
reposition a coiled wire back onto the pin.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net