Baldwin Epoxy adherence ?

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 08:57:05 +0200

Joe,

I of course agree with the first part of the sentence, epoxy fills,
but when it comes to adhesion, the wetting capacities of epoxy looks
poor to me, so the bond is more mechanical than structural.

I like to hear what others have to say about those resins as glue (I
know there are some specific compound for epoxy glues)

Did some meet failed epoxy glue joints in this domain ? gluing back
post and wrest plank ?

One thing I experimented myself with epoxies is the immediate (one
good exposure only) rise of an hyper sensibilization, and now,
whenever I file, sand or work on epoxy that is may be not totally
cured, my hands are itching and get red (I feel they are ready to grow
if I insist).

Wear mask and gloves (I had mask only), it is very annoying as the
same reaction occur with polyester repairs also .
Acrylic products may be a must to avoid these.

Best

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech