Baldwin

Richard Strang rstrang@pa.inter.net
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:25:00 -0500

Help!!!
   I took some string measurements today from the Baldwin M grand I am going
to replace the bass strings in, and YIKES, I found the bass bridge cracked
and broken at the third string. What bothers me is that the 3 inch section
was floating about 1/8 inch off the sound board. Shouldn't the down bearing
keep it down???? I have never repaired a bridge before, so I could use any
coaxing I can get. I took the bottom three strings off so I could put the
broken part back into it's normal position in order to make the string
measurement. I imagine I should use an epoxy glue to repair this, right, or
can I use thick CA??? It's a very clean break and the pieces can be put back
together and one can hardly tell it's broken. Please advise. Thanks.

Richard Strang
Panama