bridle wire design

JStan40@aol.com JStan40@aol.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:19:25 EDT

In a message dated 07/24/2003 4:04:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
pianotech-request@ptg.org writes:

> Not the normal twist.  The end of the tape just pushes over the wire and =
> the bend in the wire keeps the tape from sliding down the wire. The bend =
> doesn't hold the tape captive.=20
> I'm sure you all see what this is leading to. The hole in the end of the =
> tape has become enlarged and the wire, which is acting like a mechanical =
> bull, throws the tape off. The problem is that occasionally the end of =
> the tape interferes with the action.
> Any simple solutions?
> Keith Roberts=20

At the risk of sounding flippant, DUCT TAPE!  Oops, sorry--don't mean to
yell.  Couldn't a small, folded-over onto itself (and the tape) piece with a hole
strategically pierced serve at least temporarily?

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
Associate Member
mailto:jstan40@aol.com