bridle wire design

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:59:30 -0700

I might be that tech. It's a Baldwin, I think about 30 years old. It's =
been a work horse at this small music store up here in the foothills. =
She gives me referrals.=20

The whips being so light, they don't overcome the friction and push the =
key down to the backrail cloth. I was thinking of a lead bead. The =
action seem to be leveraged well enough to handle it. Other than needing =
some adjustment, it's not doing too badly.=20

Rubber cement might make it a little less of a hassle to work on than =
titebond. Maybe if I coated the wire with a mold release first, a little =
rubber bead might work.
Keith Roberts
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe And Penny Goss=20

  Keith, a little dab of Tightbond applyed to the tape at the hole. If =
it is a drop action, put the glue on the end of a long screw driver ( I =
know Joe not the propper way to treat a screw driver ) <G> and apply. It =
will not take much and makes it funner for the tech who has to replace =
the straps at a later date, if the piano lasts so long.

  Joe Goss
  imatunr@srvinet.com
  www.mothergoosetools.com
    ----- Original Message -----=20