deaf piano tuner

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:57:00 +0200

You can tune octaves and unisons by feel (in some parts of the scale),
but never know for sure if you where hearing or not - only forcing me
to not listen. Could a death tuner recognize beat rates by this
process, why not up to some point but that may no be very precise
considering all the false beats and noise involved.

Death (and blind) people develop a sense of touch to a point we don't
imagine only close your eyes while tuning and you will know what I
mean.

nuth to say hammers may be good enough for that to work.

A pianist have described me how he've seen once, in a very little town
in Italy, a couple of tuners, a very old one and a young one, then the
older one was holding the tuning hammer but was not hearing correctly,
and the younger stay aside, saying him "Basta !" when the note was at
pitch ! (tales of the other side)

Back to that black poly polishing (I like that dust to the most !)

Cheers

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech