Short Term Client

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:53:04 -0400

Got a call from a new client today that wanted her piano tuned. Talked about fees. She said it had been a few years. Pitch raise, etc., etc.

So she is ready to schedule appointment. Then she says that a few keys don't work. I question her about that. She asks how much to fix, I say I need to see it. Might be something real simple like a pencil stuck in the action.

"Oh, maybe I could see it". So sure, I tell her to lift the lid if she would like. So she does. Kid's piano book is tangled in action. Remove book, piano plays fine.

She thanks me, says that suddenly she needs her husband's approval to schedule an appointment. Says she will talk to husband and get back to me.

I'm not holding my breath!

I guess it takes all kinds. I'll let you know if she calls back - otherwise assume she didn't! (Guess I should have gotten her address for sending the bill......)

Terry Farrell