Keytop material?

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:08:29 +0200

Calin,

it never look nice, may be only the material used by Kluge on their
keys (on demand) http://www.kluge-klaviaturen.de/, ask them a price
list and catalog - but you should be able to cut it and shape it, it
is not easily done without a routing table and some other equipment.

I'll ask a friend who is doing ivory covering often, and do as much a
80 keyboards/year (bushings, new wood on the sides, on the bottom, ...

P.S. they can provide you the best bushing cloth 1.2mm (1.3mm in fact)
on earth ! no way to find it elsewhere.
Ask them for balance and key pins too if you buy some thing there.
They can recover a keyboard for you if you wish.
Bone is not as good looking as we thought, it is a little grayish and
because it is an open pore material it is soon dirty. The Mammoth
ivory is not that good for piano keys.

Do you own a router ? if you are obliged to use plastic key tops you
should thin the keys a tad, or the sharps will be too deep in between
(the fronts also could be too thick)

Greetings

Isaac OLEG

Isaac OLEG