..sometimes you win..

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 06:06:51 -0400

currently working on a 1896 Bechstein A - re-string, clean and buff keys,
etc. The owner was curious as to what the condition of the case is and is it
worth it to re-finish. My refinisher informed me that yes, it is Rosewood,
and the lid and the fallboard and music desk have been messed with over the
years, but the case itself had not been.

He took the music desk and clear-coated the left-side 'shelf' section of the
desk and re-finished the right shelf side.

What a difference. There's obviously a price difference too.

..notified the owner what my re-finisher found, and lo and behold, she wants
it re-finished. She didn't have to see the difference..she believed what I
was conveying to her.

I don't want to give this one back.

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com