soundboardinstal again

Stephen Birkett sbirkett@real.uwaterloo.ca
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:04:36 -0400

Isaac wrote:
>>Stephen have forced back some boards with shims on the straight side
>>with good results he say, when we see the dimensions involved, that
>>looks like a possibility.

Ron replied:
>Yes, I have also heard (or heard of) all sorts of folks saying all
>sorts of things. The physical fact is that this doesn't work. The
>physical structural limits of the materials just don't make it
>possible.

In case anyone might possibly be confused.....the "Stephen" referred
to by Isaac is not me. I think he probably means Stephen Paulello,
who has been involved with various new piano designs recently.

Isaac: it would be good to keep clear in the posts who is meant by
"stephen" - given there are at least three candidates:  me, Stephen
P, and Stephen A whose names have appeared recently on the list.

Stephen B

--
Dr Stephen Birkett
Associate Professor