regulating tool for renner jacks??/David Stahl

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:55:52 -0700

David,
I ran into the same problem years ago! Yikes! Anyhow, I now make my own. The
materials list:
1. 2" length of 1/4" steel rod 2.One umbrella wire, (round). (This wire is
tempered steel) 3. 3/8"L x 1/8"D steel 4. 3/8"L - 1/8" i.d. brass tubing.
For shop use, I put a simple dowel handle on, instead of the "combination
handle" configuration.
I've made others of similar dimensions. I'll post a scan of three of my
tools. Hope this gives you an idea or two.
BTW, the 1/8" piece of steel is first slotted with a hacksaw and then the
brass tubing is "sweat soldered" w/silver solder. Then the backside is
beveled to allow a no snag when you extract the tool.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)