Flange Center Friction Increase

Chris Gregg cdgregg@telus.net
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:49:04 -0600

I have a Samick grand action on my bench right now.  The problem I thought
was sticking jacks, but on further investigation, the problem was the
flange on the top of the repetition post. The repetition was not returning
and therefore the jack was sticking on the knuckle.  I punched out the pin
and noticed a residue on it, so then I punched out the bushing cloth to see
what the problem really was.  The cloth was hard.  Too much glue on it,
making the graphite stick to the pin.  I re-bushed and re-pinned the
offender, however, I do not see doing this to all the bad ones.   I have
re-pinned thousands of Young Chang action centres over the years.  I was
led to believe that there was a sizing problem with the action centre cloth
at one time.  Rep[inning I can handle, re-bushing is a pain in the you know
what.

Chris Gregg RPT