More cut-off bar questions

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 08:07:37 +1000

>What is a Clayton's cut-off?
>
>  Calin Tantareanu

Around thirty years ago, when I was finishing school, Claytons Tonic
was the non-alcoholic drink folks would take if they weren't into the
real stuff.

Similarly, the 'Claytons cut-off' is the one which isn't attached to
the back beams. Should one be completely overcome by the urge to use
an unattached cut-off, you might as well save the wood unless the
sales folks are short of speel.

I don't know if the tonic is still made, but there's certainly no
shortage of Claytons cut-offs to be had.

Ron O.
--

OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
      Grand Piano Manufacturers