Disklavier Question

Dave Smith dsmith941@comcast.net
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:14:46 -0400

Dave Smith
SW FL  2.5 hours S of Tampa
Call me if you have lost ALL hope.\

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 9:55 PM
Subject: Disklavier Question

> I am stopping by a client's home tomorrow to look at her Yammy grand with
a Disklavier. I told her I only know a VERY little about them, but she wants
me to at least look at it (heck, maybe I'll find a cord not plugged in!).
She says the piano has been set up for two years, but only recently she
tried using it. She says the keys go up and down when she turns a disk on,
but the piano makes no noise (no music). She thinks it has the Quiet Time
feature (which I know almost nothing about).

> Anyone care to throw out a few things to look at? Thanks for any crumbs.
>
> Again, I know almost nothing about these things (give me an hour and a
bottle of rum and I MIGHT be able to figure out how to turn it on!).