LA Times Story - Text

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:52:54 -0500

I had a couple of thoughts about the article.  1> it made us look
like untrained buffoons.  24 hours of training gets you a job.  2>
The aural tuner interviewed had all the classic wrong assumptions
about technicians who use ETDs -- can't tune aurally etc.  Why some
people think that just because we bought and use a particular tool,
that we regularly leave our ears on the kitchen table is beyond me.
I hope the aural tuner they interviewed was not a PTG member because
he violated the PTG's code of ethics pretty badly.

dave