The Right Tool for the Right Job!

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:56:50 -0500

>Ok Joe you are correct but I do not have the proper tool at times so i uses
>what is near at hand.
>Joe Goss

Screwdrivers are easier to find in my shop than chisels because there are
more of them. Heating big (or little) recalcitrant screws semi permanently
embedded in "death grip" material of nearly any kind, and backing them out
carefully with an appropriately sized screwdriver has been the safest and
easiest way to do this since shortly after the discovery of the
screwdriver. Prior to that, screws were installed with hammers, and removed
with chisels - by reducing the surrounding wood to chips.

Just keep an eye out for propane trucks and don't answer the phone until
you're finished.

Ron N