Glued in bridge pins

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:40:51 -0400

At 7:54 PM -0700 7/16/03, David Love wrote:
>Since it's not my piano, the goal is to do what is necessary, but not more
>than what is necessary.  I believe there are solutions short of taking the
>old bridge off and making a new one.

My first and second long bridge caps, I removed from the root (while
it was attached to the board). I put a 12" length of band-saw blade
into a hacksaw frame, and grunted my way from one end to the other,
producing a 1/2" (± 5/8") slice of  bridge cap. Help yourself to a
recip saw.

That of course was after removing the pins. I remember a while back,
Dale Smith having to wrestle out a set of epoxied bridge pins. Heat
was the answer then. I mean rally, all you want to do is pull the
pins, resurface and re-notch, and reglue the pins, right?

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Lady, this piano is what it is, I am what I am, and you are what you are"
     ...........From a recurring nightmare.