The Right Tool for the Right Job!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:33:16 -0700

Joe Goss said: "No, put the blade of the tool in the kerf of the screw."
(meaning a chisel!)
Tsk! Tsk! For a tool guy, ya otta be shamed!<G>
My olde Shop Teacher preached: Always use the Right tool for the job! (He'd
either flunk you or send you to the principal's office if he caught you
opening a can of paint with a screw driver, or worse, a chisel!)
The proper tool for really tight screws is an Impact Screw Extractor.
They're available from automotive type places. You hit it with a hammer and
it turns and thumps the screw at the same time. Works! In a pinch, try
hitting the top of a "Hundred Year Screwdriver" with it in the slot, before
attempting to unscrew it. Or...tap will trying to turn.

Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)