High or Low

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:08:05 -0500

Hi Don,
interspersed
----- Original Message -----
From: "Don" <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: High or Low

> Hi James,
>
> You could measure "stretch" on many several notes by zeroing one of the
> cyber ears on a "blank" tuning and then jumping up an octave and
measuring.
> That would give you an indication of inharmonicity.

Back when I used the SAT it seems like I remeber that my readings on F3 were
5 and above for Steinways and lower for Yamahas.  That would tell me that
Steinways had greater tension because of a higher stretch number than
Yamahas which is the opposite of what is being told me about tensipon levels
now.

Jim