high or low?

Cy Shuster charter1400@charter.net
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:09:17 -0500

I don't know the answer, but I ran across this yesterday on the Steinway
site.  It's interesting to compare the specs for the US model L and the
Hamburg model O:

http://steinway.com/steinway/specs/model_o.shtml

http://steinway.com/steinway/specs/model_l.shtml

The O has a "tension" of 19,000 kg, and a "cast iron treble bell".  The L's
tension is 16,471 kg, and has this accompanying sentence: "Note: Treble bell
is not required in smaller grands of lesser tensions.".

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN