Center Rail Key Buttons/S&S, 1966

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:12:21 -0700

The closest thing I have to a digital camera, is a Polaroid. Enclosed is a
photo of the keys, I was refering to. My apologies for the very poor
quality! :-( However, even with the poor quality, you can see how out of
whack the motices are on the center rail, (look at #2 & #3!).
John, as you can see, these have the top plate.
After thinking about it for a while, I'll probably build up the really bad
ones with veneer and then re-route them so they're in line better. This is
the weirdest, (aka sloppiest), job I've ever seen on any piano. The mortices
are all over the map. Most, however, are tolerable. What think ye?
Ron, as you can see, this would probably disrupt your "sensibilities" as
well. <G> Well, maybe knot.<G> (misspelling intentional)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: hphphp19.jpg