Damper Zing

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:13:13 -0700

Hey guys,
I've said it before, but somehow ya weren't paying attention. The best way
to "iron" damper felt, is with the Renner Damper pliers. Put the plier
head(s) on a coffee warmer. That is sufficient heat to get the job done and
not over do it. Very light pressure ONLY!, (almost none!) Let the heat do
the work. This will take a large percentage of the "swoosh" out of the
bi-cord, tri-chord dampers. Try it, you'll like it.
Yeah, I know the pliers are "expensive", in relation to a pair of "made in
china" pliers from your local big box store, but they are made specifically
for piano work, and marketed by a company that cares about QUALITY! Which is
what we all should care about, in regard to our tools!
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)