A string's treatment/ Isaac

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:59:15 -0500

Isaac's post was sent to me accidentally instead of to the list as he
intended. So I'm sending my reply (with his message) to the list.

>I don't assume they are really doing that t the Schimmel factory.

Oh, I thought that's what :
>"Schimmel is using this process I've been said, indeed their pianos
>have always very brillant strings I noticed yet."
meant, and that their brilliance was presumed to be due to this treatment.
My mistake, apparently.

>Indeed that is what we aim for, I talk about the process again today
>with a very good friend which is good at computing , and he is not
>chocked at all by the process, he only say he use "cool " methods when
>working on ancien pianos of course , because of the eventual risk of
>breaking something.

What is what we aim for? I have no clue what this means. Explain please.

>I have no real experience on new Shimmels, (while I have tuned a lot
>and these pianos are very stable generally )I asked again Stephen to
>say where this process is really used, and he is not sure actually
>(for Shimmel he believe they warm the instruments ).

So you have no reliable information that anyone anywhere is actually doing
this on a regular basis?

>As it takes 5 days to have all strings treated, I don't know how this
>can be done in a factory, but the source of the method is not recent.

I can't imagine any factory anywhere going to this sort of trouble, but you
never know. What does "the source of the method is not recent" mean? Is
this an old method, an old rumor, or proposed by an old technician?

>Well for me the easiest way is to try it, after having checked the
>scaling.

Go for it. Good luck.

Ron N