Hammer Shank Flange Friction Question

Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:54:59 +0200

When useing Protek or any other such centerpin lubricant I like to apply and let rest over nite on the kind of job you are doing.  Proteck doesnt allways work as advertised, nor does any other CP lubricant that I know of.  It depends on what the cause of the centerpin friction is. Waiting overnite will pretty much show you how your centerpins are going to be in the long run after application. That way you have a better picture of which flanges need new pins and which dont.

Cheers
RicB