Sharp key dip/height

Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:57:09 +0200

Hey there Thumpy :)

gordon stelter wrote:

> 1/2 inch feels too high, and makes playing fast runs
> clumsy for me. I think there is personal preference in
> this aspect.
>      Thump

This is my experience in any case. But I think our freind David Love
said it about as well as it can be said

     "On a piano in which the dip requirements are greater, the
     sharps will have
     to be set proportionately higher.   Since we see pianos whose
     action ratios
     vary from the low 5's to the high 6's, and dip specs that
     often vary with
     those differences, it makes more sense to adjust the sharp
     height
     accordingly.  What you really want to avoid is the sharps
     burying below the
     naturals when fully depressed. "

Cheers
RicB