OT -- Telemarketing

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:17:14 -0400

Not off topic at all. Anything that makes me more efficient in my workplace is directly ON-TOPIC! If I didn't get any telemarketing calls, I would easily have an extra 15 minutes or so during my work day to bill a client (and that doesn't include the hassle when you set the epoxy pot down to answer the phone and when you return to your work you find the pot has tipped and now you get to figure out how to remove epoxy from all those nice new Renner action parts!)

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Delwin D Fandrich" <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 2:19 PM
Subject: OT -- Telemarketing

I realize this is way off topic, but...I have just hung up on the third telemarketing computer of the morning and I'm not happy about it at all!

At least in the U.S. relief is in sight though it will take several more months to arrive in force.

We can now contact the National Do Not Call Registry online at:
    http://www.donotcall.gov
and register our phone numbers to be removed from at least the most obnoxious of the telemarketers. Violators can be punished. Not to the extent I may think appropriate, but still...

Sadly, while I have already registered every phone number in our personal system, it won't be until October 1, 2003 that I will be able to file a complaint and expect retaliation. Better late than never.

Regards (and wishing you all a telemarketing-free future)

Del

Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Designer & Builder
Hoquiam, Washington  USA