Pin Driving Fluid Testing/Terry Farrell

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:06:09 -0700

Terry,
 You asked: "Why are you using a "pin driving fluid"? Did you try without
it?"
I have strung pianos w/o pin driving fluid. DON'T LIKE IT! Pin driving fluid
seems to make the pin feel more consistant, (with the same drilling
techniques), than without it. I've been using the stuff for 30+ years and
won't string w/o it! I have stated before that I want to seal ALL of the
pinblock, so that's my philosophy and I'm sticking to it. <G> ;-)- Hope that
answers your question.<G>
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)