Dallas PTG convention

Elwood Doss Jr. edoss@charter.net
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:59:56 -0500

Ray,
We stayed on the 19th floor, and the first comment the bellboy made in going to the floor was that we were in the newly renovated rooms.  The rooms were extremely nice, hard to tell that they had been refurbished.  Hyatt covered the repairs extremely well.  The only problem was that the commode overflowed after we had unpacked, so we had to repack and move to another room.  The second room, by the way allowed us to watch the fireworks display from our room--same thing happened in Arlington.  The room was quite good.  I expect you were on a floor where they have not completed the renovation.
Joy!
Elwood

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray T. Bentley" <ray@bentley.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 7:14 AM
Subject: Re: Dallas PTG convention

Yes, the convention ran smoothly, but the accommodations were not up to Hyatt standards.  The floors in the hall were very dirty, obviously not vacuumed all the way to the walls.  Also the carpet in the room was very worn, even a couple of holes, and the same dirty situation.  The public areas were very nice, but I couldn't believe the worn condition of the sixth floor.  It was supposed to be for Gold Passport members which I have been for many years!  I overheard someone else echoing these comments while waiting at the Barbershop concert.

Ray

Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Registered Piano Tuner-Technician
Alton, IL