TR: Treble resonator

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:16:10 +0200

You're welcome Ric,

I concur to say you regulate more power/sustain balance there. The
stiffening of the board helps to support the killer zone a tad indeed.
I noticed that if the crown was noticeabley higher with the turnbuckle
tensionned a lot (I obtained a rise of 4/10mm) the tone was not really
better, so the pressure may not be extreme , it is regulated like the
tulip screws, a very little after initial tensionning.

But the effect is more than simple accoustical coupling I'd say.

Best regards.

Isaac OLEG

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.