Dallas PTG convention

Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:06:46 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elwood Doss Jr." <edoss@charter.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: July 07, 2003 2:06 PM
Subject: Dallas PTG convention

> I personally thought that the Dallas PTG Convention was super!  Not
working behind the scenes, it seemed like the convention went smoothly, and
besides, I became an RPT at the convention!  Been dreaming about this for
13 years--been working on it for 7 years!  Boy, am I excited!

> So you see, this convention will be one that will remain strong in my
memory for many, many years to come!

Congratulations! And a question and a couple of comments.

The comments first--I taught my first class at a PTG Convention in 1972. I
am still amazed at how smooth and trouble-free the Institute Committee and
staff make it all appear to those of us on the outside. I can't remember a
glitch (and those have mostly been my own) that they haven't quickly and
efficiently overcome. This year was no different. I walked into my
classroom(s) to find everything in place and waiting for me. When help was
needed someone was always floating around able to quickly round it up.
Amazing.

Now the question--did you ever live in North Dakota?

Del