Was Wagner planer, now Jig for feeding keys/ Tom Driscoll

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:00:59 -0700

Tom,
After viewing the photos, I see where there is another problem. You have the
Jig set up, so that the key goes into the cutter Left of center, of the
cutter. You are not getting efficient use of the Planer in this way. You
should be feeding Right of the center of the Planer. Same principle as
Routing. So, when you make the next one mount everything about 1" to 1 1/2"
to the right. Either that or just put a spacer on the fence for a test.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)