Oops (OT - Totally)

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:03:17 -0500

I forgot to mention that I only paid $50.00 for it and it
included a Lexmark printer.

Avery

Since the list is kind of slow right now, I'm going to take
a chance and post a totally OT post, computer related.

Have any of you ever had anything to do with an old (1995 ish)
IBM Aptiva?

I felt sorry for a guy I know and bought a computer, sight
unseen, that he "said" was a Dell. Well, it turns out that it
has a Dell monitor & keyboard but the computer is an Aptiva!
Yeah, I know. Don't go there! :-)

Anyway, I managed to get Norton SystemWorks installed on it
and am in the process of running a Virus scan right now. Well,
it's so slow, it's UNBELIEVABLE! The scan has been running for
over 24 hrs. and STILL isn't through! :-)

Even when nothing else is running, it takes several minutes to
open when I click on the Start button!

I could probably upgrade it for app. $100.00 or so, to something
usable but I wonder if it's even worth it as cheap as CPU's are
now!

No real question here, just wanted shoulders to cry on! :-)

Thanks.

Avery