Short backscales

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:00:22 -0400

Friends,

I admit I haven't been following the backscale discussion, but I looked at
John's pictures.  Does it follow, then, that the length of the backscale is
critically important to the tone of the bass?

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA  USA

John Musselwhite wrote:

I thought some people might be interested in the extraordinarily long
backscales found in a Chickering grand I look after. <snip>  This is one of
the longest backscales I've ever seen!  The bass tone, and indeed, the
entire piano is simply beautiful!

(from a second post)