Long backscales

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Sat, 05 Jul 2003 11:47:51 -0600

Hi Folks...

I hope everyone had a great time in Dallas. Wish I'd been able to go!

I thought some people might be interested in the extraordinarily long
backscales found in a Chickering grand I look after. This is in a 1905
scale 123. I've sent the pics to the "files" area so they'll be
available to everyone.

The pictures should be self-explanatory.

This is one of the longest backscales I've ever seen! The piano has a
new board, bridge caps and block, and the old-style action with the
brass flanges has been converted to standard Renner parts. The bass
tone, and indeed, the entire piano is simply beautiful!

John

[Photos at:]

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/e1/41/63/a5/
galloway005.jpg

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/06/6c/45/08/GALLOW4.JPG

[Alternate URL:s]

http://tinyurl.com/g4g9

http://tinyurl.com/g4gb

John Musselwhite, RPT   -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
Pianotech IRC chats Tuesday and Thursday nights and Sunday Mornings
http://www.bigfoot.com/~kmvander/ircpiano.html