Voicing restrun Steinway S

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 01:08:56 +0200

First wait the string to settle a bit ( a few days, up to a week) ,
and check the strike point for all the hammers,  is it optimal,
possibly you have to reglue some portion of the treble, and anyway to
position the action.
Before deciding the tone is definitively too thin, hammers have to be
played for some time, and definitively shaped.

On dope, for European style hammers, uit is only for the last treble
hammers if we want tokeep that lively quality that gives the
unlaquered hammer if working well. For the US heads, I don't have
experience with it.

Best regards.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.