Trichords on a Spin-it<G>

Stephen Airy stephenairy@fastmail.fm
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:24:58 -0800

I forgot to mention about the hockey stick plain wire tenor bridge
preference, that if the plain wires go down real low, like for example to
F2 or G2 or something like that, then a hockeystick bridge would be OK,
so long as scaling is "normal" by the time you get up to A#2 or B2.

----- Original message -----
From: "Stephen Airy" <stephenairy@fastmail.fm>
To: "Piano Tech list - PTG" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:19:27 -0800
Subject: RE: Trichords on a Spin-it<G>

In my opinion, I like the sound of plain strings over wound strings down
to, say, about a#2 or b2.  From there to about F2 or so, I could go
either way for sound preference, below which I prefer wounds.  There are
exceptions though... I have heard good sounding pianos with wound strings
as high as D3.

What's your opinion on what the scale looks like on this piano?
http://pianoplayer.hey.nu/pianopics/Ricca-inside.jpg  Unfortunately, I
don't have appropriate audio samples to post at this time.  That's my
piano, but I'm getting ready to start looking for another one of similar
or larger size.  I'd prefer one with plain trichords down to at least B2
or A#2 or A2, (mine goes down to C3) *SNIP* Oh, another thing, I prefer
not to have a hockey-stick plain wire tenor end of the bridge.  I would
think this means I would be looking at least at a 57" or taller upright.
(Mine is 56".)  *SNIP*
--
  Stephen Airy
  stephenairy@fastmail.fm