Practical Approaches was RE: This Needs ADefinitiveSettlement was RE: 12 cents

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 03:04:51 +0200

Richard Brekne writes:

> >Ah... an interesting change of directions to this thread.
>
> No, it's the same thing I (at least) have been talking about.

Hmm... well try as I might I cant find anything previously stated on this or
the root thread that goes to this point... first I see was the question
posed...

     "Have you ever had the first string you tuned drop suddenly as you
     were tuning the second or third to it, even after pounding the first
     string into what should have been adequate submission?"

Which, along with the insignia interesting comments led me to compliment the
apparent change of direction.

> >And I assume we are not refering to the string coupling phenomena which I
> >think several of us find reason to question to some degree anyways.
>
> Not remotely, and hammer technique is utterly irrelevant to this.

I see... so we  can unequivocally state that string stability in these
connexions have nothing whatsoever to do with hammer technique.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.