need answers?????

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:00:10 EST

Laura writes:
<<  I was told that useing a light weight sandpaper on
the hammer rail could cause a woody sound, but I have a problem using string
felt because of bunching and moving of the hammers to much.<<

   Why not use the black stuff that STeinway sells?  I have used it a lot and
find no problems with it yet. If you want to use stringing braid, which I
have,  just spray one side of it with something like "photo-mount" or some
other lightweight adhesive and press it into place.

>Also the back
rail felt on the keyframe if you put back the cardboard that was on there and
put thick felt and pull it tight on the frame there should be on problem,  >>

  The back edge of the cloth should remain unglued,  the looser felt is
quieter.  a very slight dab of glue will keep the cardboard shims from moving
around.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/