Radial Drill Press/Greg's question

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:17:54 -0800

Greg,
You missed a very important part of my post: Because of the REACH,
(necessary), the fixture is massive to assure stability. (as an aside, when
drilling a pinblock, with this fixture, it is possible to lift/tip the
fixture, (at 750lbs), right off the ground, if you feed too fast! It all has
to do with the REACH capabilities of this type of drill press. Otherwise,
you are back to a fixture that sits on top of the piano. I have tried that
type of fixture and find that it's flexibility and ease of use is very
lacking. (Flame suit zipped!<G>)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)