Liability insurance was Re: Newbie tuning liability question

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:50:28 EST

Liability insurance should be one of the tools in your business. It's and
expense you can't afford not to have. I carry it not because I think I'll
break a string, or have the lid of my tool case fall on a baby's hand. I
carry to pay for the lawyer to defend me in a case where I should not have
been sued in the first place. Unfortunately, nowadays, you're guilty until
you can prove yourself innocent. And your lawyer wants to get pad, whether
you win or loose. So if you have insurance, and the insurance company  might
have to pay the claim, the insurance company is going to pay the lawyer to
defend you. (or, pay off the claimant to get rid of him/her).

Wim