A Bag - A Bag - O

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:26:23 -0600

Well, I've talked myself out of something yet again. Having considered a
few things, I can in fact see the need for desiccant packages in sealed crates.

Even though the piano is at the MC of the air in the sealed crate, there's
no telling what that MC was when it was packed. Moving the crate from a hot
place (like a truck in the sun) to a dock or warehouse where the
temperature will get below the dew point of the air in the crate overnight,
will condense moisture on the strings, tuning pins, etc - unless the
desiccant absorbs it as it is released from the piano.

Ok, I get it now. That makes sense to me, but I don't think putting
desiccant bags under the keys ever will.
Ron N