Price shopper call......

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:32:46 -0500

This customer sounds like a PC

    Price Chopper
    Professional Complainer
    Painful Chump
    (and so on...)

Who is she to think she can set your rates ("... should be around $45 ...").
And who's problem is it that she charges so little for giving lessons?

More below ...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Koval" <drwoodwind@hotmail.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 3:56 PM
Subject: Price shopper call......

: List- a play in two acts:
:
: >><<
:
: ME: A "normal" tuning costs $95, with any additional work billed at
$60/hr.
:
: SHE: Big pause..... "Wow, that should be around $45" (Uh, oh, did I hear
the
: Twilight Zone music...? Better back out of this one)
:
: ME: Well, maybe you'd have more luck checking the Yellow Pages...?
:
: SHE "Do you know what I charge my students for a lesson? $5.00! How about
if
: you just come and fix the keys? (This person is a piano teacher?!?  Oh
man,
: get me outaa here!)
:
: >><<
:
: SHE: "You're very rude" (Thanks, I'll add that to my resume..)
:
: ME: Would you like to hire me, or just lecture me?
:
: SHE: "You're very rude" and SHE hung up!
:
: (Ah, closure to our little relationship...)
:
:
: So, those of you that advertise, do you get this a lot?  Yikes!
:
: Ron Koval
: Chicagoland
:

Seems like every metropolitan area has at least one of these people.  They
operate under the assumption that if you have anything at all to do with a
music store, you must be starving for business and will do anything for
anyone anywhere at anytime for minimal (if any) pay.  Had this discussion
continued, what do you want to bet her next "line" would be "But you need
the business ... you need to come out and fix my keys tomorrow morning."

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net