Miniature

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 06:51:33 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: JWyatt1492@aol.com=20
  To: Pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: January 20, 2003 8:02 AM
  Subject: Miniature

  To List,

        The answer to most all questions lies
  is the past.  This  question is no different.
        =20
        Prior to 1884 there were no small  5 ft.
  or so pianos built.  There were mostly 7 & 8ft.=20
  Hugo Shomer  changed all that in 1884.
  He introduced a  , first ever,  5 ft. Piano.
       =20

Ah, but Jack, that doesn't explain the 5 ft Goetze piano I have in my =
shop built around 1875 or 1880 (according to dating on the interior of =
the instrument). Built in St Petersburg, Russia. (I know, Pierce shows =
them starting in 1902...what can I say?)