freebies

Sat, 25 Jan 2003 08:56:26 -0800

I have wondered about this myself when reading about those who do a quick
pass first.  Unless time is taken to settle the string and stabilize the
pin, then a second attempt on that pin will be necessary even if it sounds
in tune.  It seems like the first pass (unless it is a rough pitch
correction) is a waste of time if it doesn't attempt to achieve stability.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net