Tuning problems: capo improvement suggestions

Michael Gebhardt michael.gebhardt@swipnet.se
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:40:02 +0100

On Saturday 25 January 2003 17.34, Ron Nossaman wrote:
> >What do you think?
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Michael
>
> I think that half agraffes instead of a V bar are a good
> idea.
>
> Now I have a question. If string cutting of iron V bars
> is such a horrible problem, why isn't it such a horrible
> problem in agraffes?

I've thought about that, too when I wrote those suggestions,
and a came to the conclusion that it might be because of
the agraffes being more adepted to the shape of the string
(this is they are round), thus distributing the upward
pressure from the string on a circle segment instead of a
single contact point and thus reducing the force per unit
area, which in turn leads to less engraving. That's what
lead me to suggestion number 2.

Regards

Michael