freebies

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:28:00 -0600

The pretty much universal consensus as I read it is that a first pass pitch
correction, however large or small, is done as quickly as possible. Little
time is wasted on stability. The idea is to get the tension up, get it in
the ball park, and get on with it. Something in the vicinity of 20-25
minutes seems to be about average.

Pass two, I then read, is to clean up pass one, which the pitch correction
features of the ETD got so close on the first pass that many strings don't
have to be moved at all.

So in the case where freebies (a serendipitous artifact of pass one) are
cheerfully accepted as a windfall benefit during pass two, how can a
finished tuning that has a number of strings on which no attempt has been
made to settle and stabilize them be a decent and solid tuning?

Does not compute.
Ron N