Frozen Let-Off Rail Fix

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:23:33 -0600

>What is the cheapest, quickest, most appropriate fix for this so that I
>can regulate the darn thing?
>
>Remove rails and toast each screw with a torch?

Torch toasting while melting in some wax will usually free them up, but the
felt is going to be so deformed from being pounded with the jack that you
will be replacing them anyway if you expect to stand even a remote chance
of setting letoff. Then, at least a couple of screws will probably break in
spite of it all, so you'll likely spend a similar amount of time making one
as saving the old one.

Ron N